Sunday, November 27, 2011

My favorite artist -DEB-





The street artist I chose from many outstanding artists was DEB. She studied in Diploma of graphic design at Granardi School of Art and also had completed Certificate in book illustration, RMIT. Actually, she had performed her artworks between based in Melbourne and Sydney and her distinctive works made her reputation be known throughout other cities in Australia and in the globe as well. She was recently nominated for Cosmopolitan’s ‘Fun Fearless Female’ award and also took part in Project 5 Live Art at Cockle Bay,Sydney with other excellent colleagues. A lot of her artworks can be found all over the lane ways in Australia. She also exhibited her works in solo or group shows in New York, LA and even Tokyo. We can see her advanced artworks through her latest solo show which is called "Aquarius"(her star sign) at the 19Karen gallery on the Gold Coast. As it can be seen, her works seems to be fully filled up with extreme femininity and a distinctive drawing based on having an exotic ethnic style. Also, she added endangered animals with a female character in her artwork to show her anger to the public. These elements and features are expressed in reminiscent tones of the pin up and burlesque styles of the 40′s or 50′s through her works. The main reason why I like her works is a her own distinctive drawing style. I got a chance to have a look at many street artists, but many of them looked like surrealism or an animated cartoon in my eyes. I think that she has her own way to appreciate an object and to describe it via her philosophy.For example, with her artworks , she pursues an extreme curvaceous femininity to criticise a male dominated urban art. Like her thought and idea are vaguely expressed in a retro way of her unique and stylish drawing because of too strong attraction of a female character curvaceous , but it is a fact that her artwork has an implication to convey it to the public. For this reason, I picked her as a favorite artist and I would like to learn her drawing style in portraying her " DEB". I strongly believe that my artwork will be even better and I have a broader view of objects to appreciate when I finish this work successfully.



1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the post Andy!! This is super rad :) Deb

    ReplyDelete