Saturday, January 28, 2012

Final artwork for skateboard design






I finished to make my characters look more abstract and background as well.

As you can see, I did cutting body and fill different colours. The way of colouring I

tried is fill similar colour with dark colour tone. This is because I do want my

original characters to be damaged by making abstract. If I tried to use a variety of

colour, the original beauty of the characters would disappear. I will explain how to

use colour for characters. For the cat, I used red colour. Being red means passion,

energy, power and life, so the concept of the cat match the meaning of the colour.

For the monkey, I used mainly yellow. The monkey which personalised as being a child

that matches a liveliness and being naive yellow has. Colouring brown in monkey was

used for the way of colouring to make the characters look more abstract.

For pig, I used green colour. Green actually has both positive and negative meaning,

In being negative, green means death and devil. So, I think green coloring helps

the pig more evil. Lastly, for rabbit, I used pink and purple. Both two colour has

relation to romance, love and jealous that is why rabbit matches these two colors.

For background, I drew some curve shapes and applied clipping mask to a pattern with

the curve shapes and then I got a new pattern. Finally, the new pattern matched

the animal characters.


Following are my final artworks for a series of skateboard design.







I will print out one of them to submit next Monday.





This is my final skateboard design series I submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment